Let's meet in Zürich!
Zürich is a city that touches all senses. What makes it so lively and worth a visit is its extensive recreational repertoire and the privileged location along Lake Zürich, embedded between green rolling hills. Countless street cafés in the quaint old town alleys beckon one to stroll and gallivant, and the many youthful designer outlets and boutiques turn shopping in Zürich into an irresistible experience.
After all, Zürich is far more than the headquarters of large banks. One can get a good sense for the gracious city by taking a walk that typically starts at the central train station and continues via Bahnhofstrasse to the Sprüngli at Paradeplatz.
A hot spot for entertainment and nightlife at any time of year
Along the Limmat, one reaches the old town with the Großmünster and the Rathaus. Art and history enthusiasts will get their money's worth at the Kunsthaus, the Swiss State Museum, or the Rietberg Museum. The highlights also include the Opera and the Fraumünster with the famous glass windows by Marc Chagall. The city has 60 cinemas, 14 theaters, and 40 museums.
The nightlife also has a lot to offer. With 500 bars, nightclubs, and discotheques, the city has the highest club density in Switzerland. During the summer, a wide range of open air events and concerts draw a crowd with international stars. The so-called "Badi Bars" in the city bath houses are also well known.
The diverse cultural offering and a lively party scene make Zürich an attractive destination for young people. And after all the excitement and stimulating experiences, you will find plenty of space for rest and relaxation at our Fleming's Hotel Zürich.
- Eventsread more
Here you can find current information about street festivals,
sporting events and much more.
25 September - 05 October 2014 Zürich Film Festival
This year, the Zürich Film Festival (ZFF) celebrates its 10th anniversary. A special focus of this constantly growing festival is to promote directing talent from all parts of the world. Last year, the festival already attracted 71,000 visitors.
- Concerts & musicalsread more
Find out which artists will soon be
on stage in Zurich.
Indoor arena Zürich:
- 19 September 2014 Scorpions
- 21 September 2014 Pharrell Williams
- 01 October 2014 Joe Bonamassa
- 06 October 2014 Il Divo
- 16 - 19 October 2014 Cirque du Soleil - Quidam
- 21 -22 October 2014 Helene Fischer
- 23 October 2014 David Garrett
- 24 October 2014 Lindsey Stirling
- 26 October 2014 Die Schlagernacht des Jahres (Pop music night of the year)
- 28 October - 02 November 2014 Tanguera - The Tango-Musical
- 04 - 09 November 2014 Rocky Horror Show
- 25 - 30 November 2014 Let it be - Beatles Musical
- 18 - 21 December 2014 The Ten Tenors
- Cultural eventsread more
For information about museum exhibitions, opera performances
and other cultural events, please click here.
- 21 September 2014 Lohengrin Premiere - Opera by Richard Wagner
- 22 September 2014 Evening recitals Bryn Terfel - Songs by Schumann, Schubert, Quilter, and others
- 26 September 2014 Il barbiere di Siviglia - Opera by Gioachino Rossini
- 28 September 2014 The Goose Girl - Children's Opera Iris Ter Schiphorst
- 06 October 2014 Festival concert for the 100th anniversary of the Swiss Music Association
- 17 October 2015 Anna Karenina - Ballett by Christian Spuck
- 20 October 2014 Juan Diego Florez - 2014 TOUR L'AMOUR - FRENCH ARIAS
- 24 October 2014 Il matrimonio segreto - Opera by Domenico Cimarosa
- 07 November 2014 The turn of the screw - Opera by Benjamin Britten
- 19 November 2014 Discovering pieces - ROBIN HOOD for 7 to 12 year olds
- 22 November 2014 The woman without a shadow - Opera by Richard Strauss
- 29 November 2014 THE MAGIC FLUTE - For 6-12 year olds and their parents
- 10 December 2014 The Magic Flute - Opera by Wolfang Amadeus Mozart
- 15 December 2014 Evening recitals Bejun Mehta - Arien, Kantaten and concerts by Georg Friedrich Händel,
Johann Sebastian Bach and others
- 19 December 2014 Luisa Miller - Opera by Giuseppe Verdi