Hello in Munich!
At approximately 1.35 million inhabitants, the capital city of the Free State of Bavaria is Germany's third largest city and known throughout the world for its beer, the October Fest - better known as "the Wies'n" - and white sausages with pretzels. The most southern metropolis within Germany is called the village of millions for good reason: in spite of its size, the city on the Isar is known for its hospitality and coziness, with many inviting corners and quarters where the atmosphere is originally Bavarian and rustic.
More than only Bavarian beergarden culture
The Frauenkirche is Munich's most widely visible landmark. The Marienplatz, the lively Viktualienmarkt, the heavenly Schloss Nymphenburg with its expansive park setting, and the football temple Allianz Arena in the north are a must-see for any visitor to Munich. And don't forget: the English Gardens. It is among the world's largest inner city gardens. Located directly along the Isar, it houses Munich's most famous beergarden at the Chinese Tower.
Museums and trade shows with drawing power
But culture is also a major focus in Munich: The world-famous Munich Philharmonic is at home here, just as the National Theater, the State Theater, and a host of museums of world renown, such as the Deutsche Museum, the Pinakothek, and the Bayerische National Museum.
As the home to Messe München, the trade show city of Riem is host to many international trade shows and congresses, therefore making Munich of pivotal importance for economic affairs.
In total, it is one of the best loved, most livable cities in Germany, with an extensive offering for any taste and an ideal springboard for daytrips to the Alps and to one of the many lakes in the region. And when will you discover Munich?
- Eventsread more
Here you can find current information about street festivals,
sporting events and much more.
25.04.-03.05.2015 Auer "May" Dult:
The Marienhilfplatz is the venue for the "Auer Dult", a fair that takes place twice a year and got its roots from parish fairs. This is an opportunity to go for a joyride on a Ferris wheel, to buy dishes, and to gallivant among the market and showmen booths.
Munich's largest (car-free) street festival on Ludwig and Leopoldstraße beckons up to 600,000 visitors with information and exhibitors related to 7 different themes. Ranging from the environment to mobility and urban planning, to family, sports & lifestyle, and nutrition and social affairs, the topics are made transparent and can be experienced by young and old alike.
26.-28.6.2015 Munich Mash:
Munich MASH (= Munich Action Sports Heroes) is the MAIN action sports festival at the Olympic Park with three competitions in Freestyle Motocross (FMX), Mountainbike Dirt Jump and BMX Street. Incidentally, the Olympic Park can be reached by bike in approximately 10 minutes from Fleming's Hotel München-Schwabing.
24.06.-19.07.2015 Tollwood Summer Festival:
The Tollwood Summer Festival is a free music and cultural festival on the Olympiapark open to everyone. More than 50 bands from Munich, but also stars such as Orquesta Buena Vista Social Club, Clueso or Patti Smith captivate the audience. But theater goers will be equally impressed.
04.-12.07.2015 Christopher Street Day/ Pride Week:
The Bavarian gay community and its friends join together annually for Christopher Street Day to call for and celebrate diversity and tolerance. The highlight is the Politparade with its glistening parade floats on 11 July.
- Concerts & musicalsread more
Find out which artists will soon be
on stage in Munich.
- 10.01.2015 Die Fantastischen Vier
- 12.01.2015 The Blues Brother
- 14.01.2015 The Voice of Germany
- 16.01.2015 André Rieu
- 30.01.2015 Peter Maffay
- 02.03.2015 Katy Perry
- 09.03.2015 Usher
- 14.03.2015 ABBA - The Show
- 24.03.2015 Lionel Richie
- 28.03.2015 Paul Simon & Sting
- 21.04.2015 James Last
- 19.05.2015 AC/DC
- 21.-22.05.2015 Herbert Grönemeyer
- 28.05.2015 Olly Murs
- 10.06.2015 Maroon 5
- 13.06.2015 Helene Fischer
- 19.06.2015 Neil Diamond
- 07.07.2015 Roxette
- 08.07.2015 TOTO
- 20.10.2015 Nickelback
- 22.10.2015 Eros Ramazotti
- 12.11.2015 Howard Carpendale
- 13.11.2015 Andreas Gabalier & Band
- 26.11.2015 Deep Purple
- 11.-12.12.2015 Night of the Proms
- 20.12.2015 Pur
- 16.03.2016 Scorpions
- 16.01.2015 Manowar
- 17.03.2015 Art Garfunkel
- 19.06.2015 Sunrise Avenue
- 27.06.2015 Gipfeltreffen der Stars
- Cultural eventsread more
For information about museum exhibitions, opera performances
and other cultural events, please click here.
- 17.10.2014 - 08.02.2015 "Canaletto - Bernardo Bellotto paints Europe"
- 27.11.2014 - 09.03.2015 Courbet > Daubigny: The Riddle of ‘The Sluice Gate at Optevoz’
- 09.10.2014 - 02.02.2015 Seeing Venice… Painting of the 18th century – Photography before 1900 from the Dietmar Siegert Collection
- 26.02.2015 - 08.06.2015 IMAGES OF THE ARTIST: SELF-FASHIONING AND TRADITION
- 26.01.2015 Premiere: Lucia di Lammermoor - Opera by Gaetano Donizetti
- 25.05.2015 Premiere: Lulu - Opera by Alban Berg
- 28.06.2015 Premiere: Pelléas et Mélisande - Opera by Claude Debussy
- 06.07.2015 Premiere: Arabella - Opera by Richard Strauss
- Trade showsread more
Get an overview of the most important fairs
and conventions in Munich.
- 11 - 14 November 2014 Electronica: World Leading Trade Show for Electronic Components, Systems and Applications
- 26 - 30 November 2014 Heim + Handwerk: Trade show for building, furnishing, living