- Fleming's Deluxe Hotel
- Fleming's Deluxe Hotel
- Fleming's Conference
- Fleming's Hotel
- Fleming's Hotel
- LiV’iN Residence by Fleming's Frankfurt-Bleichstrasse
- LiV'iN Residence by Fleming's Frankfurt-Seilerstrasse
Welcome to the Main Metropolis!
For 700,000 people, Frankfurt is far more than the dynamic financial and trade show center with the most impressive skyline in Germany and the future seat of the European Central Bank.
Tourist attractions & museums provide cultural variety
Not far from the skyscrapers, you can find cozy Ebbelwoi pubs and right in the center of the inner city business district, with the well known shopping boulevard "Zeil", a number of tourist attractions are strung together like pearls on a necklace. Frankfurt is not only proud of its most famous son, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. Not far from the Römer, the city center is home to the Kaiserdom and the Paulskirche, the cradle of Germany's democracy. Along a 2.2 km stretch of the museum riverfront, 24 museums beckon cultural enthusiasts to exhibit highlights from around the world. The Frankfurt Schirn, the Städel Museum, Museum for Modern Art and the Frankfurt Opera are permanently established in the international art and cultural scene.
Tradition & hard cider culture in a multi-cultural metropolis
But Frankfurt is also a multi-cultural beehive, since the pocket-sized metropolis is colorful and diverse. 180 nations live together here peacefully. People enjoy togetherness while following the latest trends, without the stress of the mega-cities. A busy night life does not come at the expense of inviting coziness at, and along the Main, occasionally with a rich Ebbelwoi (hard cider) and Frankfurt's unique Green Sauce!
As one of the world's oldest trade show cities, Frankfurt is of course also host to a wide range of international industrial trade shows, such as the book fair or Ambiente. About 51 trade shows and exhibitions are conducted annually on the world's third largest trade show grounds.
But why not go on your own personal exploration of the Main metropolis? We are more than happy to give you a few insider tips that you will not find in any travel guide.
- Eventsread more
Here you can find current information about street festivals,
sporting events and much more.
through 21 October 2014 Tuesday Night Skating
After a modest beginning, it has now become a firmly established event. Every Tuesday during the summer, a large group of inline skaters gather and skate a fixed route through the city of Frankfurt.
12.-22 September 2014 Frankfurt Dippemess
Dippemess is Frankfurt's largest folk festival. Historically a stonewear (hessian = Dippe) market, it is now primarily a venue for fun-seekers, with a wide range of fairground rides. The fairground rides beckon with half-off prices on family day. And the colorful fireworks on the final day of the Dippemess always draws a large crowd.
26 October 2014 BMW Frankfurt Marathon
This will be the 33rd running of the Frankfurt City Marathon. Thousands of runners are participating in this high-profile athletic event. A particular highlight for the runners: crossing the finish line over the red carpet.
26 November -22 December 2014 Frankfurt Christmas Market
The annual Christmas market spreads out in front of the picturesque scenery of the Römer and the surrounding half-timbered houses. The towering Christmas tree in front of the steps of the Römer is visible from afar thanks to hundreds of brightly shining lights. Seasonal delicatessen such as roasted almonds, roasted chestnuts, and mulled wine beckon in addition to stands with Christmas tree decorations. Advent concerts and the buglers from the belltower of the Nikolai church round out the Christmas market musically. Children can take a ride in the chair-o-plane, which is located directly among the booths at the Römer hill.
18 -21 December 2014 International Festival Hall Equestrian Competition
The best Hessian riders showcase their hose riding skills. A must-see for any equestrian enthusiast.
- Concerts & musicalsread more
Find out which artists will soon be
on stage in Frankfurt.
Frankfurt Festival Hall
- 26 September 2014 Pharell Williams
- 27-28 September 2014 Helene Fischer
- 04-05 October 2014 David Garrett
- 09 October 2014 Il Divo
- 30 October 2014 One Republic
- 01 November 2014 Udo Jürgens
- 09 November 2014 Cro
- 11 November 2014 Michael Bublé
- 18 November 2014 Ed Sheeran
- 26 November 2014 Chris Rea
- 27-28 November 2014 Night of the Proms
- 06 October 2014 Jan Delay
- 11 October 2014 Nana Mouskouri
- 15 October 2014 Reinhard Mey
- 16 October 2014 Lindsey Stirling
- 26 October 2014 Lily Allen
- 25 November 2014 Clueso
- 11 December 2014 Beatsteaks
- 14 December 2014 Cinderella - The pop musical
- 31 December 2014 Mother Africa - Circus of the senses
The Alte Oper is located in the heart of Frankfurt and within walking distance of Fleming's Deluxe Hotel Frankfurt-City. The Fleming's Hotel Frankfurt-Hamburger Allee is also nearby and offers visitors of the Alte Oper an attractive discount (opera ticket has to be presented at check-in).
- 12 September 2014 Floyd Reloaded
- 28 September 2014 Berliner Philharmoniker
- 30 September 2014 London Philarmonic Orchestra
- 02 October 2014 Jason Mraz
- 11 October 2014 Roger Cicero & Big Band
- 12 October 2014 Hollywood in Symphony
- 25 October 2014 Barrelhouse Jazz Party
- 30 - 31 October 2014 HR Sinfonieorchester
- 07 December 2014 Glenn Miller Orchestra
- 10 December 2014 Bach: Weihnachtsoratorium
- Cultural eventsread more
For information about museum exhibitions and
other cultural events, please click here.
Frankfurt offers a wide range of museums. Ranging from hands-on museums for little scientists or historical painting collections for art connoisseurs – the city has something for any taste and any age. Without doubt, the Städel Museum has particular cultural significance for Frankfurt's cultural scene.
The collection of the Städel includes 3,000 paintings, 600 sculptures, more than 100,000 drawings and graphic reproductions, and more than 1,600 photographs. Since the completion of the expansion for contemporary art in February 2012, roughly 7,500 square meters of exhibit space are home to works spanning 700 years of art history. The following exhibits are planned for 2014:
- Mai-September 2014: Erwin Wurm: One Minute Sculptures (in the Städel gardens)
- 04 June - 14 September 2014: Hendrick Goltzius and his circle. Manieristic graphic reproduction from the Städel Museum
- 08 October - 11 January 2014: Italian Rennaissance drawings from the Städel Museum
- 12 November - 08 February 2014: Fantastic worlds. Albrecht Altdorfer and the expressive elements of art around 1500
MMK Museum für Moderne Kunst (Museum for Modern Art)
- 12 September 2014 - 18 January 2015 Subodh Gupta. Everything is Inside
- 27 September 2014 - 04 January 2015 Dayanita Singh. Go Away Closer
- 19 October 2014 - 14 June 2015 Boom She Boom. Works from the MMK Collection
- Trade showsread more
Get an overview of the most important fairs
and conventions in Frankfurt.
- 16 - 20 September 2014 Automechanika: Leading international trade show for the automobile industry
- 08 - 12 October 2014 Frankfurt Book Fair: The world's largest book fair
- 25 - 28 November 2014 Euromold: World fair for moldmaking and tooling, design and application development
- 14 - 17 January 2015 Heimtextil: The world's largest fair for home and contract textiles
- 30 January - 03 February 2015 Paper-/ Christmasworld:International trade fair for stationery, office supplies and writing instruments / world’s biggest trade fair for festive decorations
- 13 - 17 February 2015 Ambiente:world's most important consumer goods trade fair in the Dining, Giving and Living areas
- 10 - 14 March 2015 ISH: The world’s biggest showcase for innovative bathroom design, energy efficient heating and air-conditioning technology and renewable energies
- 15 - 18 April 2015 Musikmesse / Prolight + Sound: the biggest fair for musical instruments and the music business / International Fair of Technologies and Services for Events, Installation and Production
- 04 - 07 May 2015 Techtextil: International trade fair for the technical textiles and nonwovens industries
- 19 - 21 May 2015 IMEX: worldwide exhibition for incentive travel, meetings and events
- 15 - 19 June 2015 Achema: World forum for chemical engineering and the process industry
- 15 - 27 September 2015 IAA: the world's largest automobile fair
- 14 - 18 October 2015 Frankfurt Book Fair: The world's largest book fair
- 24 - 27 November 2015 Euromold: World fair for moldmaking and tooling, design and application development